Primary job responsibilities will be to coordinate, implement, and manage activities related to affordable housing development throughout the United States.
Candidates for the Project Manager position should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and five years on the job experience in real estate development with an emphasis in multi-family housing and/or affordable housing project management; or a Master’s degree in real estate, city and regional planning, business, finance, public policy, architecture or a related field and two years’ experience in affordable housing. Experience with project management in low-income tax credit housing is a plus.
Candidates should be skilled with the MS Office suite, and recognize that detail oriented tasks are critical to a business’ long-term success. The position may include additional Project Management responsibilities, as listed below.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Research and develop financing sources, prepare financing applications and meet other lender requirements.
- Assist in the preparation and updates of project proformas.
- Complete project funding applications to local, state, and federal agencies and ultimately close the financing with all such agencies.
- Manage and work with the construction team to ensure a financially feasible and operationally viable development in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Monitor and prepare project budgets, cash flow projections, and project schedules.
- Monitor contract compliance, project budgets, and flow of funds throughout the development
- Perform site inspections.
- Recommend decisions regarding and process change order requests.
- Coordinate with accounting on Tax Returns and Audits.
- Promote the highest quality development that reinforces CPP’s commitment to long term viability.
- Initiate and maintain ongoing interaction with Asset Management Department to ensure long term quality.
- Initiate and maintain ongoing cordial professional relationships with outside entities and various stakeholders.
- Strategize and coordinate with other departments to make sure that programmatic issues with respect to the development and operations are adequately addressed.
Education and Experience:
- Experience with low income housing tax credits is a plus.
- High degree of independence, motivation, and accountability.
- Exposure to private and public debt financing and equity typical for affordable housing development.
- Able to work with time sensitive material and meet multiple deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills, and a high capacity to multi-task are prerequisites.
- Excellent interpersonal skills is a must.
- Ability to work with a team.